Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Bonita Library Got uke?


Today, my hubby and I dusted off our ukulele's and headed to Bonita Library.  A friend told me last week they had a group that meet every week to strum.  I used to go to Today's Piazza's in Encinitas, CA to strum and dance hula for many years.  A great reunion with strummers I knew way back when.  Can't wait to go next week.

I hadn't been in touch with Bonita Library to share Zentangle, so I dropped my Zentangle brochure off with the Manager of Library today and hopefully, Bonita Library will join many of the other city/county libraries and start their Zentangle journey also.

Below is Diane - we used to play uke together for events. So nice to catch up.

Side story:  Diane was traveling in Colorado, and had some spare time to shop and wondered into a antique store.  The owner asked if she was looking for something specific?  (if you didn't know - if you play the ukulele - you can never has enough of them.  Between my husband and I, we have 12).

Anyway back to the story - Diane asked the owner if he had any uke's.  He said he did but it was at home but he lived real close.  But first,  he told Diane that it has an etching of a man and a woman in a loving way on the uke.  This seemed a little strange as she was hoping it wasn't X rated.  She was relieved to see that it was a tasteful etching of just a couple.  Whew.  On the inside it was dated 1935.  Now that was a find.  A little banjo uke from Colorado.   

If you are in the San Diego, CA area and have a uke, join the Merri Strummers most Tuesday's at Bonita Library.  Check a library near you to see if they have the same program.

No comments:

Post a Comment