Sunday, March 21, 2021

Zentangle and San Dieguito Synchronized Swimming (3/18/21)

                                          San Dieguito Synchro!
San Diego's Premiere Synchronized Swim Club



Funny thing, I've always loved watching synchro swimming on TV, YouTube and of course, the Olympics.  When 
Danielle, the head coach and Director of San Dieguito Synchronized Swim Club, emailed me and asked if I would teach a Zentangle class to her swim team I quickly emailed back with of YES. 

Danielle shared that all the Zoom meetings the kids had been in, they could use a relaxing class to de-stress.  
She came to the right place.  Zentangle is a meditative art method.  Even in Zoom mode, the process of drawing helps the artist relax, focus and get into a state of well-being -  happy place.  Best part:  no rulers, no erasers, no mistakes.  

I designed a Zendala class with the swimmers in mind.  The girls were sitting outside on basketball court, and using their phones, did a Zoom Zentangle class.  That was a first for me - outside, Zoom. 
It went over well, and we finished before dark - thank goodness.


 
'I am hoping to visit the team for a event in the future.  


No comments:

Post a Comment