Saturday, April 17, 2021

COVID Feelings and Zentangle

Zentangle is a meditative, easy-to-do art method that creates beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.  While you are drawing, you relax, focus and get into a state of  well-being - happy place.

Kids LOVE Zentangle.  No experience necessary - no rulers - no mistakes - no erasers. 

When Carol Shear (a teacher from Bird Rock Elementary School in La Jolla, California) that had taken several of my Zentangle classes prior to, asked me if I would teach a Zoom Zentangle class for the third Grade Level, I  quickly responded  "of course".    

The three third grade teachers, Angela Volk, Kim Williams and Carol Shear, had a great idea. They wanted to combine an art class with a writing class. After the Zentangle class the kids were asked -  "what are your feelings behind the mask"? 

I designed a boy/girl template for the kids to "tangle".  The kiddo's drew the same tangles to their art piece.  Great class with about 61 students.  I love sharing Zentangle with the kids.  

Thanks Carol for including me in one of your Zoom and in-school class.  


Maybe you can think of a way to include Zentangle for your classroom? 
Email me how @ maseyjanet@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment