Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Lower Blood Pressure with the Zentangle Method

Many of my students share with me how Zentangle has changed their lives.   I have an example that happened last week.

Recently, my doctor ask me to chart my blood pressure for a week.  Upon arriving home from driving 1/2 hour in San Diego traffic from babysitting at my daughters house, I took my blood pressure.  Wow, it was 159/107.  The traffic wasn't even bad.  

My husband said to wait a half hour and re-take.  During that half hour, I started "tangling" on a class I was going to teach.  After a half hour, I took my blood pressure again - 130/75. Thank you Zentangle.

Zentangle is de-stressing among other helpful benefits like:
Anxiety
depression
insomnia
pain management
bereavement
fear of flying
PTSD
ADHA
essential tremors/Parkinson's (helps eye hand coordination)
Cancer therapy
addiction therapy
anger management
negative self images
confidence
self-esteem

Current research is being conducted to see if the Zentangle Method has effects on bipolar and schizophrenia patients.

Remember to tangle when you need a little break from stressful moments. It works.



No comments:

Post a Comment