Monday, June 4, 2018

Kensington Community Church Volunteer Thank You


I've taught a lot of Zentangle classes all over San Diego and in a lot of different settings, but today was a first.  I taught a Zentangle class at a restaurant (Pub) - Way Point Public in North Park in San Diego, California.   Barbara came to one of my classes at a library.  She thought of me when she was creating something special as a "thank you" luncheon for the wonderful volunteers for the kids at the church. There was a private room (Bear Den), delicious meal, a little business, a lot of fellowship and Zentangle.

With the hustle and bustle of a restaurant, I didn't know if we would be able to get the "zen" feeling that a typical class brings to students.  I know at one point, someone said - "you should play some soft music".  I had my usual Hawaiian slack key music on but no way could you hear over the restaurant atmosphere from outside the big door. 

As in all Zentangle classes, the folks were able to get out of the room noise, and focus and relax with The Zentangle Method.  When you put pen to paper, you get out of your head (thoughts).  They learned the basic method - I like to call it Zentangle kindergarten.  Abstract, string, and tangle.

What a nice group of folks to spend a Sunday afternoon with.  Thank you volunteers for your self-less giving and thank you Barbara for inviting me to be a part of this day.







  
  Bear Den

No comments:

Post a Comment