Thursday, July 27, 2017

Oasis Senior Center - Zentangle Class






Today was my second class at the new location for Oasis - Grossmont  50+ folks
(location used to be in Macy's 3rd floor in Mission Valley).
What a wonderful art studio they have for us to teach in.
In 2015, the Adult Coloring Books came out and were quite popular.  There was even a shortage/backorder of colored pencils.  I tell my students that the adult coloring books are an extension of the Zentangle Art Method.  Many of the coloring books were authored by CZT's (Certified Zentangle Teachers).  Why buy a coloring book, when you can create your own with the Zentangle Art Method.
 
I like to create a theme for each season for a coloring page and today was a "Tropical Coloring Page".  Being a lover of the Islands myself, what shouts aloha more than ukulele's, and tropical drinks?  Homework for students is to enjoy coloring their very own coloring page.    Good job ladies. 
 





1 comment: