Sunday, November 5, 2017

Starting the Holidays at Coronado Library


Over the ocean and thru the bridge - off to Coronado Library I went (San Diego, California).    Yes, if you sing the prior phrase with the  Christmas song in mind -  yep the holidays are here. There, I've said it.   Hence, a Zentangle Holiday Greeting Card Class.

This was my first visit to this lovely library. Such a surprise, class was on a Sunday.   I didn't even know libraries were open on Sunday's.  The libraries have so much to offer - not like back in early day.  Pssst - you don't even have to whisper anymore.  If you haven't check out your local library, do so, you will be surprised what they have waiting for you - not just books anymore  (and it won't cost you a dime).  I know, how great is that?  You might just find my Zentangle classes at a library near you. 

I was worried that some students might not show up on time because of the time change the night before (fall back). Ewww - no one likes driving home from work in the dark.  Luckily, 22 smiling faces showed up, ON TIME, to start their Zentangle journey.

The pristine Coronado library had a beautiful community room for me to share Zentangle Method. 
Image result for images of coronado ca library
 
Always a treat to visit Coronado, across the massive bridge from San Diego and where the home of the Hotel Del is located.

Image result for coronando bridgeImage result for images of coronado ca library
With the holidays here, we created a holiday greeting card with the Zentangle Method.  Once again I asked if anyone heard about Zentangle...  two teenage girls raised their hands

(Zentangle is a great tool to use in the classroom for so much more than art.  Email me and I'll give you more info for your class room or teacher In-Service (maseyjanet@gmail.com). 

After today, 22 more people know about this secret gem.   Yipee !!!
 
I hope to be invited back to teach another class.  I call the Introduction to Zentangle class like being in kindergarten.  You need all the basic information about this art method the way it was designed by founders, Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas. You will get a good base to work from:  history, philosophy, applications and steps of creating an original Zentangle tile.  Each class leaves you thirsty for more. 
 
Terrific job everyone.  Thanks for joining me today.  Check out all the cool cards and happy faces below. 
 
 
 
 



 


If you would like a Zentangle class for your event/group.  Please email me and let's do a class:  maseyjanet@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment