Friday, June 9, 2017

Grand Opening Oasis La Mesa, San Diego and Fletcher Hills Library Zentangle Class

Wow.  What a big day this was, 6/7/17 for Oasis Lifelong Adventure.  They have been teaching seniors since 1982. A secret gem of San Diego.   Oasis relocated from Mission Valley, SD, and moved into a beautiful facility  in La Mesa, San Diego, to continue the every popular Oasis Lifelong Adventure classes.  Oasis has a dedicated room to Art and it's wonderful.  There were about 700 folks joining me at this grand opening and ribbon cutting.   Great turn out for a special place for folks 50 plus. 



Today, I demonstrated one tangle, and we made a bookmark.  I like to leave them "thirsty for more". 
My first class at the new location Oasis La Mesa, San Diego  is June 28th. 




                                                

This is a picture of Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas, the co-founders of Zentangle.
 
 
 
Fun Day had by all.  Thanks Oasis.  Come join me for a class:
June 28th, 10:00-12:00 Introduction to Zentangle
July 24th, 1:00-3:00 Zentangle Tropical Coloring Page
August 15th,  10:00-12:00 Zentangle Animal Tangle
 
Come start your Zentangle journey with me.  Call Oasis to register for class:  619-881-6262
 
Today was a busy Zentangle Day  I spent 4 hours at the Oasis Grand Opening and also taught a class at
Fletcher Hills Library that evening.
 





 
In the library they had a machine that was new to me.  I keep hearing this "star wars" sound coming from the edge of where I was teaching.  Becky, the library Manger told me it was a 3D printer.  This is one of the items it made during my class I taught.  Super cool !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment