Sunday, November 10, 2019

Zentangle Me Red

Kim and Judy, have joined me in many of my Zentangle classes over the years.  Recently, they asked me to teach the Zentangle Method at one of their Red Hat Society Meetings. First Kim and I talked about scheduling an Introduction to Zentangle class, then decided on a project that connected to this group. I created a class just for them. 

I wasn't familiar with the purpose of the group that I had heard of for so many year..... The Red Hat Society is an international society of women that connects, supports and encourages women in their pursuit of fun, friendship, freedom, fulfillment and fitness while supporting members in the quest to get the most out of life.



This is Kim and Judy

Love these ladies faces as they see how simple the Zentangle Method is.  Zentangle was designed for those intimidated by art.  





Below is Gwen's art piece.  She mentioned she didn't like her work because her lines weren't straight.  That is the beauty of the method.  Her piece has an abstract flair to it and looks like she intended on doing that.  No rulers, no erasers, no mistakes.  You just takes a different direction.  Great job Gwen.

Below is a red hatter (sorry, I can't remember her name) but she makes these very interesting neck scarfs.  Begins with beautiful mostly silk ties, and turns them into a gorgeous work of at.  Amazing idea.


All thirteen ladies had a good time, including me. 



I was invited to share lunch after class.  Subway sandwich's and baked BBQ chips.  Best surprise dessert, Kim baked Moonpie's but with pumpkin instead of chocolate.  OMG -  to die for.

Pumpkin Whoopie Pie

I loved talking to the ladies about what The Red Hat Society means to them.  What a great idea of how to support women and meet new friends.  

I got to be a member for just a moment.  I found out wearing a purple hat is only for your birthday month.  It wasn't my birthday but I had a purple top on and who doesn't love this color?


Judy brought some of her Zentangle pumpkins to decorate the tables with. Good idea. 


Thankes to Kim, Judy and Sylia who let us use her community room.  Gorgeous view.







1 comment:

  1. Thank you Janet for coming to my Red Hat Society group to teach this special art of Zentangle. Everyone really enjoyed the design and loved the finished project. I appreciate you taking the time to create a special card just for our group.

    ReplyDelete