Saturday, August 13, 2016

Mid Summer Zentangle Zoo

 

 I'm enjoying my first year teaching Zentangle Art Method at the famous San Diego Zoo.  I have three more classes out of the eleven scheduled for the 1st - 8th graders this summer. 

Today the project for the kids was tangling an elephant head and trunk.


My first class was 125 -- 3rd-5th graders.  After class I mentioned I wanted to snap a couple pictures of their art work today and it was like a stampede to get to the front of the auditorium for a Kodak moment.   They were so proud of their art work.  One little girl shouted out during class. "I LOVE THIS".

                    
 
Kids love to share their Zentangle Art.
 
Second class today was 125 - 1st -  3rd graders.  They are so cute when they like something, it is written all over their faces.  Best part of today was when one of the great counselors that lead the kids during their day at camp at the Zoo, came into the auditorium with his group and he said to his kids, "this is the best class at the Zoo, it's Zentangle". 
 
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  made my day!!!
 
 
After the second class was leaving the auditorium, a young girl asked me to tangle on her arm cast!!! That was a first for me.......Ahhh I love teaching the kids. Two little 3rd grade boys came up to me after class and said "thank you, this is fun!!!

I'll be sad when summer is over and my classes end at the Zoo.  I will be crossing my fingers and toes that I get to teach again next summer at the world famous San Diego Zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment