Sunday, June 23, 2019

Summertime with Tangles

In San Diego, everyone heads to the beach in the summertime.  However these days, you might find me at the beach, but not in the water.  I'm deathly afraid of sharks for the past 10 years. I can't believe it myself.  I have been living in San Diego since I was five and being a water sign (July), I love the water.

In the late 60's, during the summertime,  my high school friends and I spent most days hanging out at "the clam" in La Jolla, Ca, jumping off this 30 foot high cliff, then climb up a vertical rock wall to do again.  Often, after jumping, some of us would venture into a swim thru the  dark "Lion's Cave" directly underneath the clam.  We were told there were eels in the cave.  Isn't it crazy when you are young you have no fear?  I call myself a pool girl now.              
                  FYI:  this behavior is prohibited now and a fine/citation comes with the act.


 Our class today:  Ocean Terrarium Zentangle Workshop.
We had four new people join the Zentangle fan club today at Kensington/Normal Heights Library.  


Using the Zentangle patterns, we filled our terrarium with low, medium and high tangles to give that 3-D effect learning to go "behind".  I like the little sea horse I found to add to today's project.





Patti and Bernardo, their first ZIA (Zentangle Inspired Art) class.

Monica and Aliece

Kathy, a seasoned tangler.  Kathy told her friend she was going to a Zentangle class and invited her as she has brought many friends to class.   Her friend asked her "how many of those classes are you going to go to"?  Kathy replied "they are so much fun".  
You don't get "it", till you do "it".
This fresh, new art method takes the "hard" out of art.
 Rick and Maria, the co-founders, design the method for those intimidated by art.
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY

Each Zentangle class taught by a Certified Zentangle Teacher, you will learn something new and/or a new technique.  So many tangles, so little time. 

I teach more than 30 different classes with the Zentangle Method in mind.  From basic Zentangle, greeting cards, bookmarks, journaling, lettering, labyrinth's, tangled animals, dreamcatchers, mandala's, organic gardens, faux leather mudd cloth's, black tiles, tan tiles, landscapes, postcards. From kids to seniors - everyone enjoys Zentangle.






















Thanks to my life long friend, Susan Bowden CZT,  for putting the ocean in a terrarium.  Great idea.






No comments:

Post a Comment