Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Meet My New Tangle - Kleo

My name is Janet Masey, Certified Zentangle Teacher since June 2014.  I live in San Diego, .CA 

With wellness on the top of all list these days, Zentangle is the perfect fit.  With high-quality teaching methods and great passion, I hope to spread this world phenomenon.  I have taught over 11,000 students  the Zentangle Method, between 6/2014-7/2020 throughout San Diego area.   Kids to seniors LOVE this secret gem.

Some locations I've taught at:  SD Museum of Man, SD Botanical Gardens, 40 city/county library, Ronald McDonald House, Corporate wellness days, SD Law Library Wellness days, SD Zoo summer camp, SD Unified Schools, Poway Unified Elementary, Grossmont Unified adult Schools, adult schools, Oasis (50+), wineries, Hospice, County Mental Health staff, senior centers, art/craft stores, addiction festival, Yoga festivals, Kids Expo, private classes, special interest groups, churches and homes.  Visit my blog @ tikitangles.blogspot.com or Zentangle.com for more info.

Meet my new tangle: Kleo  

I just returned from a road trip to Phoenix, Arizona,.  Visitors are often impressed by the Freeway art, from Gila monsters to colorful handmade designs. Many of the images I saw had Zentangle written all over them.  Each sound wall and bridge support column along the freeways were quite impressive. Several of the designs reminded me of the Egyptian time period - hence the name of my tangle -  Kleo (after Cleopatra).  Below was my inspiration for my new tangle.
Kleo is a great border tangle. Tangles used in this tile are Kleo, Huggins, Mooka, and Diva Dance. 
Kleo is not a published tangle... but still fun to draw.  

I recently noticed Freeway art in South Bay San Diego. Here are some other examples of Arizona freeway art.  








No comments:

Post a Comment